|Author Stephanie Van Horn shares "Math Rapmatics" with 140 Kindergarteners|
at Bain Elementary! By involving students in the performance math comes alive for the students!
|Students dance as they rap math songs!|
- How long have you been an author? I published "Math Rapmatics one and a half years ago.
- Why did you write a book? The book kind of wrote itself. The math raps were made up in the midst of math lessons. When I notice children struggling with the math lesson I can make up raps that help them connect to the objective. I decided to write down the raps and they ended up in my book.
- Where can I get this book? The book can be purchased from The Last Word, Black Forest Books and Toys and Park Road Books. I usually have a books new books on me and it can be purchased at www.stephanievanhorn.com.
- Do you like the raps? Yes! I even LOVE the raps!
- Why do you have the music? Since the words were raps, I added music to help make the words easier for people to remember. I also love to dance...the music makes it easy to dance while learning math.
Van Horn enjoys answering questions from young people!